This is a backdated post since we're trying to catch up to all that has been going on of late. We got to see the Guymons last week. It was lots of fun!
The drive out there was fairly long. We drove from Pagosa Springs through a very high pass (10,000+ feet up) that had lots of frozen waterfalls. We had one night at a motel Salina, Kansas. We made it to Sarah's about 3pm the next day. Eastern CO and all of KS was basically a boring drive not on the highly recommended list. MO was a bit better - greener and lots of people that talk kinda funny. The trees were just starting to bud out when we got there, so that was nice.
However, just to keep things real, I should post my version of Sarah's recap. Alex and Bekah got the extra WalMart items because they picked them out. Hopefully the hat doesn't drive Dad nuts. Bekah only liked to sleep so much because we ran around quite a bit outside. Sure, we read lots of stories to the kids, but Alex and I also had a couple car wars that didn't really work out in his favor. Heather was always nice, though. And I only fixed the toilet thing because I was the one who broke it! Hopefully it's better than it was, though.
Sarah also forgot to say anything about the great food she made for us. On the list was creamy chicken noodle, Chex (haha), great bread, and Oreo bon-bons. We also ate out once at this La Pachanga place - we had fajitas that were pretty good and were served amazingly fast. Hopefully they've caught up on sleep by now since we kept them up later than the're accustomed :P
It really was great to see all of them. We stayed up kinda late the last night for some adult bonding time. Matt was actually quite the conversationalist. We really did enjoy their company. Next time, we'll come on a weekend and take the kids for a playday at an amusement park or something.
Trip'08.. Sarah's family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm glad to hear from you. I've been looking for a new post or email. As a mom, I can't help but worry about the weather, and hope Heather is doing OK with all the travel.However, I am very happy to hear you are having a great time, and love hearing any news. Love, mom
Nathan, I found your blog! I'm glad you two are having a fun trip.
amusement park in kirksville? do you know something about this town that i don't?
We had tons of fun, too!
oh, you forgot the too spicy salsa (at least for me), and the cake that could've killed you.
"too spicy" ?
knew not I that such a thing exists =P
Rach - glad you saw it :) We won't be home and done with the Strawberry Festival until basically June, but maybe we can plan a trip to San Diego then.
Post a Comment