first Birthday

We had a bit of a birthday bash for our little Conman. Lots of visitors made for lots of fun. Aunt Charity made him a cake which he liked lots. Instead of just taking handfulls, he actually picked up the whole thing and took a bite out of it a few times.

He got lots of presents -- THANK YOU very much to everyone. He got a little scooter bike, a little talking book, a new car seat, an air ball toy, a new rug, trips to the pool and the beach, and new tires for the car (among other things). Obviously some of that was more for the parents, and we really really do appreciate it.

He sure has come a long way. He's walking all over the place now and starting to have a goofy sense of humor. Considering he wasn't exactly a small baby, he was still just a little peanut at first. We're mostly thinking of him as our baby, but he really is growing up :)

4 comments:

Matt said...

I was so used to you guys not updating your blog often enough that I just now realized there was a new post :)

It sounds like he had a great birthday! He's definitely growing up quickly.

Rachel said...

Ditto to what Matt said! He's cuter than ever, and who wouldn't love chocolate cake?

Mary said...

Cute pictures! I'm glad he had a good birthday! And ditto Rachel who dittoed Matt about the updating thing. Of course, I'm guilty of that too, so I'm not pointing any fingers, that's just why I haven't commented yet. The cake looked so yummy! Props to Charity!

Sarah said...

I was just feeling guilty for not knowing you had posted until now, but M, R, and M have done the same, I suppose.

Thanks for the cute pics. I keep picturing him at like 5 months (probably because that is how old Keturah is), so it is fun to see how grown up he is.