By our reckoning, Connor is the twelfth grandchild for my mother, and she finally got to come down and hold him. The number 12 seemed to be in the stars, because Heather + Connor + Nathan + Jaden + Jasmin + Lily + Grandma + Dan + Mary + Sarah + Alex + Bekah = 12 times the usual fun :)
 |
 |  |
 |  |  |  |
| (Don't miss these last little thumbnails; hopefully they'll be the print-worthy favorites.) |
 |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
Sarah and her kids didn't stay long, but we're still very glad they came. Alex loved Jaden's toy stache, and Bekah was simply darling. Even though he's always hungry, Connor still got held a lot. Dan got hooked on figuring out my Rubik's cube. Lily had a different puzzle, but found it no less engaging. Heather made great friends with the girls and was helping them start learning to make knitted hats. Jaden mostly played with Uncle Dan and the balloons/fans/etc. The rest of us talked, batted away balloons, went to the dunes, swam, had tacos for dinner, watched the Spiderwick movie, played with glowsticks, played a few games, had slushies, and lots more. Overall, it was a splendid time for the whole family.
We owe a big
THANK YOU (!!) to everyone that helped make this weekend possible, but especially Grandma!
8 comments:
Hi Guys,
Just checking in. Looks like you all had a wonderful weekend, I am so happy for you both. Nathan I'm sure your just over the moon! Your grasshoppers are very cute. I'm hoping to come down next month and meet the little man, so keep your fingers crossed, and get ready. Love to all.
XOX
Margaret
thanks for letting us crash there--sorry it couldn't be longer! Thanks for the pictures, I'll email you mine when I get a second.
love you guys!
Looks like fun! We're hoping to make a trip your way sooooon!
We love all the pictures! Thanks Nathan for posting them. We're so happy everything went well with all the kids. Linda and Dad
That was so much fun! I wish we could have stayed longer. I miss you guys and I'm SO sad that I conveniently got a cold right in time to not be able to hold Connor. I hope you guys remained healthy. Have fun with round two of all your kiddies this weekend. Wish I was there.
No one got a cold that I know of - not that we would have cared.
I'm glad everything worked so you and Sarah could make it. Short visits are better than none all year. This next weekend, I think Jeremy and Matt are coming, so it will be jam-packed craziness yet again.
Btw, that was quite a feat, getting so many pictures of Danny.
Ha.. it's easy to get a picture of anyone, MJ. Just not so easy to get one that includes an unwilling face =P
Hey, thanks for those extra pics, Sarah.
KC - thanks for calling and all, but next time, you should (ahem) actually come down, too.
P.S. Connor should be making a trip up to placer land to see Grammy the weekend of 9/20. Not sure what the whole schedule will be, but we're definitely also wanting to pass the baby around to his aunts Kacey, Charity, and Margaret :)
Post a Comment