sólo once

Heather said it was the Weekend of Uncles. Sounds epic or something. I guess having all 3 Locke uncles here was something that won't happen very often. Jeremy had already come down last week to see Connor, but came right back to be able to see the 3 bigger kids. It was also the weekend of 11, which is still a lot of people for our little apartment.

Brycen got along great with the kids overall, if he was a bit jealous of his Dad holding Connor for a while. It was nice of Jaden to let Brycen play with [most of] his toys. Heather french-braided the girls' hair before the pizza dinner outing. I finally beat Dan at a round of air hockey now that he's not practicing all the time on our father's table. The kids got lots of tickets and silly prizes. We went to the park when it was dark to play with some glowsticks - I not sure sure the kids liked it quite as much as the uncles :)

All 4 of us Locke men played a round of cards that evening while the 3 older kids watched Nim's Island and had popcorn. Although Jeremy was the clear leader, through a series of losses, I noticed that Matt has an uncanny ability to be holding a winning hand if I (foolishly) bet against him. So, once the kids and Grandma were on their way home, Jeremy and Matt hung out for a while for another Hold'em match which included Heather. It wasn't ever quite finalized, but Matt basically had that one "locked". As Jeremy says, Matt definitely doesn't suck... so maybe he's not invited to the next game =P

This week already marks number 5 for Connor. He's healthy and strong. He sleeps pretty well most of the night, and is starting to interact quite a bit with Mom and Dad in the daytime hours. I love this picture... personally, I find his mother to be strikingly beautiful.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Nathan. It sounds like another fun filled weekend, especially for the "uncles". I love the picture of Heather and Connor. I can hardly wait to see him again... Heather too. I miss you Heather, Love mom

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Connor looks soooooo much like Heather!

Anonymous said...

i love the pics. nathan, your kids are so beautiful, and they all look like twins. and i agree with rachel that conner looks so like heather in that beautiful picture. that is definitely a framer. heather, you look so pretty and way more rested than you should be. oh, and his hair is so long already....total locke hair.
i love you guys.
chare

H said...

He looks like Dad too! I do love that picture.(Nathan took it) I need to get a good one of Connor and Dad! I love you guys.

Anonymous said...

OK Charity, now we have a battle going. Connor's hair is totally like my children. HaHa, mom

N said...

I guess he has a bit of my color hair and curls. Certain things about him definitely look like me - his hands and hairline. But, I'm thinking he'll end up looking most like Heather, overall. Last night, were checking out how he has lots of signature dimples just like Mom.

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome pictures! That one of Heather and Connor smiling is so precious! I'm so glad everything is going well with the kid visits and with Connor, and I'm glad all 4 of y'all got to be together. The 3 sisters were together a couple weeks ago. Now if we could have coordinated that so it all happened at the same time, that would have been cool. Miss you guys!

Kacey said...

Wish I could have been there, but it looks like you guys had a great time anyways. Love all of the cute pictures! Love you and miss you.