weekend with Grranda-ma

(That's how Jasmin says "Grandma" when she's excited about seeing her.)


We went on the walk/hike past Oso Flaco Lake to the ocean. They fixed the deck walkway, so it was pretty easy. We went a ways down the beach, too, and the kids found some sand dollars. (Amid the sand crab exoskeleton cast of millions; a storm aftermath graveyard.. weird.) It was a rare, beautifully clear, warm, and sunny day. The kids got to see a racoon playing in the water. Probably rabid or something? Jaden and I got stung a bit by the nettle plant trying to get a closer look, but it was still fun to see.

Grandma made me a German chocolate birthday cake - the real thing. Thanks, Mom! Even with our scant cooking implements, she got it to turn out awesome. Jazzie got to help make it and even have a couple pieces.

p.s. Heather and I noticed last night that Connor's eyes are starting to show quite a bit of color. Almost hazel, but still some bluish gray in there; looks like he's pretty much a mix, not taking only after either one of us parents. p.p.s. He has 3 teeth now, even though you can't usually see them - two on the bottom and one on top.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Wish we could be there, too!

Mary said...

Connor wins the cuteness award, with the racoon at a close second. :) Jk. That was really fun! Thanks for having us!

Grandma said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN! I had a wonderful time with all of you, and Oso Flaco was the perfect wetlands/beach outing. Thanks so much.

Linda said...

I really like that beach past Oso Flaco too. I'm glad you all had a wonderful visit.

N said...

Thanks everyone for posting. And for all the phone calls I got on my birthday. It's always nice to hear from people. The blogging thing is great for pictures and stuff, and it does help keep us motivated to see comments from people!

:)