We finally took the big kids with us for a big summer trip with the whole family. Not as big as Alaska, but big for us, at least. One of my favorite parts was a hike to Frog Lake which is up CA-88 right about a mile from Carson pass. This was maybe more of a Dad outing, but Heather was eager to go since she likes it up there, too.
![]() | |||
![]() | ![]() | ![]() | ![]() |
It was also the last week of vacation before the bigger kids start school, so we tried to accomplish lots of stuff all at once for them. Among perhaps other things, the older kids got to meet Randy Sr. and Jr., swim in Jodi's pool, skip rocks at Frog Lake, swim in Sly Park, go to the zoo with Grandma, hang out with Brycen, have lots of desserts, stay up late learning to play Clue and Risk on a sugar high (even Jazz got a bit), and have a crazy long hot drive home the back way with lots of stops and car games.
Thanks to everyone for making time to see us - we miss you already, but it may actually be good to be home for a while and catch up on rest.





3 comments:
If they were different sexes, I'd say Jazz and Jaden were identical.
Sounds like fun for all!
They do look really similar in that pic. It's crazy!
Thanks so much for coming up. I had a ton of fun -- even playing Risk until 5:30 a.m. I'll be practicing up my skills for next time, too. I beat that computer one within the ten rounds on the third try last night. It took a while, but I was proud of myself.
Thanks for coming! I had a lot of fun too. It was so good to see everybody. And...I'm glad the Risk game finally got some use!
Post a Comment