recent haps

Yes, it's been too long since the last real news and pictures post. Since then, lots of stuff has been going on for us. Most notably, though, Connor has been accomplishing several new feats. He's started semi-crawling all over the place ever since our trip to Placerville at the beginning of April. And, for the past couple weeks, he's even been standing up with the aid of the couch, open dishwasher, or whatever else is handy. He is usually standing up in the crib waiting for me or Mom in the morning.



We had the big kids over for fully three days over this past weekend, so they got to do lots of activities with us. We: went rafting and swimming in the lake, had s'mores 'round the campfire (even Jasmin), stayed up late watching movies, got Jaden a spiky haircut, got new earrings for the girls, unsuccessfully tried to teach already precocious Connor to walk and talk, and [illegally] fed the chipmunks at Morro rock. All in fun :)

Heather and I are looking forward to the summer. More outdoor day trips for sure, but we're also planning on taking a couple non-Placerville trips - one up into the Tacbas neighborhood pretty soon, and maybe one down to see the Winns.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new post.It sounds like you all have been having lots of fun. I love all the pics especially Connor in the high chair and peeking out from under the bed. Love and miss you all, mom

Sarah said...

You gave Connor a big fat beef rib to gnaw on? what is he a dog? All the pictures are really cute and Jaden looks way different! I like the haircut, though. Sounds like you are having lots of fun. Tell everyone hi and we love them!

N said...

CJ likes it, so why complain?

And, he even comes when I whistle :)

Anonymous said...

The pics are great! You'll have to name him "Connor the carnivore".You're family is delightful, can't wait for our upcoming visit. Love to all. DAD

Rachel said...

I remember mom giving Mary a bone in her highchair and I commented on it, and she said something like, "If it bothers you, just don't tell her when she grows up. She won't remember."

Connor looks happy and cute and I'm glad you got to spend a sizeable chunk of time with the big kids.

Mares said...

Looks like you've all been having a lot of fun. I'm glad Jasmin got to participate in the s'more-age. I can't wait to see Connor!!! I've only seen him once, and I've never been able to hold him!!

Mary said...

And Rach, I had no idea! I wouldn't put it past Mom, though. You keep whipping out all sorts of random memories. Keep 'em coming!